Making Mooncakes ? Yeah !!

Mooncakes festival is one of the festive that I'm always longing for ... Mooncakes festival falls on the end of Hungry Ghost month.
Usually, 2-3 weeks for the D day of eating mooncakes, there would be mooncake bazaaars where most hotels, famous restaurants and eating places sell mooncakes.. I'm so happy to look around the mooncake stalls, just see and taste the mooncake, by the time reach the end of the stalls, I was full already and did not by any mooncakes hahaha :)

As I'm married to Sporean guy, it's obligation to buy one for parent in-law.. For past 2 years, Durian mooncake is always the best opt to buy for and for myself, I always asked my hubby to buy Champagne Chocolate Truffle..

However, since I'm starting my journey with Heaven's Mel, i was tempted to learn how to make mooncakes. Past few months, i was browsing the recipes around.. then I had mentioned also to my colleague that I wanted to learn to make one, but the course fee was too-ex :(
Then.. some of colleagues know about this, they planned to give me bday gift to go for course to make mooncake.

So.. last week end, I learnt to make mooncake.. Here are the mooncakes that I made during the course

While waiting for the baked Mooncake to be matured enough, here's the Lychee Martini snowkin mooncake . Hope nobody get drunk after eating it :d





This is the baked one : single yolk mooncake with Almond & lotus filling. Need to let it set min for 3-4 days. According to the teacher after 6-7 days after baking is the best time to eat the mooncakes . These mooncakes were what i learnt from course today.

Thanx to my colleagues as bday gift:). So this year is the last time bought mooncake from those commercial places.


Should try make one next year:).

Comments

Popular Posts